The Indonesian Embassy in Washington DC, together with the Indonesian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Indonesian Ministry of Trade, Modernisator and Indonesian Diaspora Network, will organize the second International Conference on Futurology in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The theme of this year’s conference is: "Getting Ready for the Next Revolutions: World Experts Discuss New Forces and Power Shifts that are Changing Governments, Businesses and Societies".
The Second Conference on Futurology is aimed at providing a forum for fashionable interactions with innovative international and Indonesian experts to discuss engagingly the prediction of global trends in the next two to three decades. The one-day conference will allow speakers and participants to explore new ideas and innovations, through direct, open, and inspiring discussions in a showbiz-style setting.
The speakers will highlight their perspectives on the future trends of geopolitics, energy, technology, innovation, diplomacy, military, entrepreneurship, innovations, architecture, media, technology, power shifts, demographic power, and other features that will impact the 21st Century. The Conference will also provide a forum for intellectual interactions to project Indonesia’s future roles as an emerging economic powerhouse. The speakers are expected to raise the possible scenarios which Indonesia needs to know, anticipate and be prepared to face.
The International Conference on Futurology this year will also present a number of new ideas and innovations developed by distinguished Indonesian Diaspora Network members.
The Conference will take place in Grand Ballroom Djakarta Theater XXI, Jakarta, Indonesia on Saturday, October 20, 2012.
International and Indonesian speakers at the Second International Conference on Futurology will include:
1. Prof. Jagdish N. Sheth, author of Chindia Rising
2. Terrence Markin, National Intelligence Council, Global Trends 2030
3. Frances Townsend, Council on Foreign Relations, Cyber Security
4. Syam Mahidi, Global Business Services IBM ASEAN, Smart Cities
5. Peter Maher, Group Country Manager Southeast Asia and Australasia VISA, The Future of Commerce
6. Representative from Marvell, The Role of Emerging Economies in Promoting R&D
7. Representative from Boeing, The Future of Travel and Transportation.
1. Mr. Gita Wirjawan, Indonesian Minister of Trade
2. Dr. Dino Patti Djalal, Indonesian Ambassador to the US
3. Chairul Tandjung, Head of Indonesian National Economic Committee
4. Mayor Inf. Agus Yudhoyono, former member of UN Peacekeeping Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Indonesian National Armed Force.
5. Daliana Suryawinata, Director SHAU, Chief Officer IAI-EU, Curator Open City Jakarta & Batam, Lecturer The Why Factory
6. Dr. Danet Suryatama, Innovator, Elektrikcar LL
7. Dr. George Anwar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Berkeley, California
8. Edy Sulistyo, Co-Founder, Guest-Hub
9. Nicolas Saputra, Actor.